Waste Lock® 770
Waste Lock® 770 is a solid, granular Superabsorbent Polymer. This cross-linked polyacrylate material swells and abso...
customers are viewing this product
Waste Lock® 770 is a solid, granular Superabsorbent Polymer. This cross-linked polyacrylate material swells and absorbs many times its weight in aqueous solutions. Waste Lock® 770 has been engineered to absorb under pressure and has properties that make it ideally suited for the absorption and solidification of low level radioactive waste (LLRW) and other types of waste sludges.
- Mining applications
- Oil/Gas drilling
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) & Tunneling
- Vac Truck Waste Solidification
- Dredging of river/lake sediment
- Unused latex paint
- Industrial waste
- Low level radioactive waste (LLRW)
- Reduces Waste Disposal Costs – Expands in Volume by Less Than 1%.
- Non-Biodegradable Polymer (40 CFR 264.314 (e)(ii))
- Polycarboxylate Polymer Will Not Release Trapped Ionic Contaminants If Solute Evaporation Occurs.
- Strong Ion Exchange Capability Allows For Heavy Metal Binding And For Many Solidified Wastes To Pass TCLP.
- When Used Properly, Waste Sludges Will Pass Paint Filter Test (EPA 9095).
- Polymer is Duratek Approved for Incineration.
- Freeze-Thaw Tested. The Polymer Will Not Release Free Liquids.
- Polymer Will Excellently Absorb Aqueous Wastes of pH > 4. For Highly Acidic Wastes, Neutralization (pH Adjustment) Is Recommended.
- Approved Sorbent at Hanford (WA) & WIPP (TRUCON Codes)
Typical Absorptive Properties:
- Free Swell in DI Water: 400 – 500 X
- Free Swell in 1 % NaCl: 45 – 55 X
- Free Swell in 2 % NaCl: 35 – 40 X
- Free Swell in 10 % NaCl: 19 – 25 X
- Free Swell in 1 % CaCl2: 20 – 25 X
- Free Swell in 8N NaOH: 24 – 30 X
Liquid Release Test (EPA 9096):
Waste Lock® 770 has the ability to both absorb under pressure and to retain absorbed liquids at high pressures:
- At 25X Hydration, PASSES at 50 psi
- At 10X Hydration, PASSES at 75 psi
- Bulk Density = 5.4 to 6.0 lbs/gallon